What Can the Right Floor Coating Do for You?
Reduce Slip and Trip Hazards, Protect Concrete from Harmful Spills and More!
Concrete Coatings and Resinous Flooring
Compared to other coating steel concrete can be a challenging and expensive endeavor without the proper products and guidance. But floor coatings are critical to safe, efficient operations because they can reduce slip and trip hazards, protect concrete from harmful spills and heavy abuse and increase an operation's overall workplace environment. At best, underestimating the necessity of the right warehouse floor coating can hold an operation back from running at peak efficiency. At worst, it puts employees lives and assets at risk and firms on the hook.
Enhance Safety, Efficiency & Aesthetics With Resinous Floor Coatings
In settings where heavy shelves and forklifts are used, the right warehouse floor coating can protect concrete from cracking and chipping as well as the harmful effects of spilled chemicals. Coatings also protect people. Workers can move more safely on floor coatings engineered to resist slips and trips.
While it may seem frivolous to labor over what color to paint a floor, the right color does more for a space than meets the eye:
● Spilled chemicals can be located and cleaned more efficiently when they contrast with the color of a floor coating. Differing floor coating colors can also separate sectors of a warehouse. This increases efficiency and reduces the risk of confusion and accidents.
● Utility bills in warehouses add up. But the right warehouse floor coating can reflect light, keeping spaces more brightly lit. High-gloss coatings can reduce the cost to illuminate an area or lead to the reduction in the number of lights used.
● Aesthetics do matter. While a floor’s coating can add value in terms of safety, efficiency and asset protection, they’re also more pleasing to look at. Specific colors can even improve workers’ moods.
Let's Compare Various Floor Coating Systems
The advantages and disadvantages of the many available coating systems mean decision-makers must assess the work done in their spaces, the safety concerns present in those settings, their project budget, and time constraints.
Here’s a quick roundup of warehouse floor coating systems:
● MMA - Low-glare Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) systems are resistant to some acids, alkalis, and solvents and boast a fast cure time—you can walk on an MMA-coated surface in fewer than two hours. MMA can be applied at lower temperatures, can withstand elevated temperatures and has a much higher dry film thickness (DFT) than other systems, making it resistant to scratching. But floor preparation cannot be overlooked as MMA systems don’t bond as well to substrates compared to other options. Proper ventilation is required when applying odorous MMA coats. MMA systems require as many as four coats and are costlier compared to other systems.
● Epoxy and urethane – These systems also resist chemicals well and boast high hardness. Their dry film thickness is on par with other coatings systems, require three coats and are among the less costly alternatives. But these systems do not cure quickly. The walk-on time of 24 hours is among the longest of the available systems; because each coat takes longer to cure, the total project time takes nearly two days.
● 100% solids epoxy – These systems stand up to abrasion and chemical spills and can be applied to floors as part of a multi-part system or on their own. Because these coatings are 100% solids, their wet film thickness and dry film thickness are identical. That means no thickness is lost due to evaporation of harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs). For this reason, 100% solids epoxy coatings are safer to use. They’re also the cheapest option, but they do not cure quickly —walk-on time is up to 24 hours.
● Polyaspartic – This hybrid system is an offshoot of epoxy and urethane systems that offers the advantages in a single coating what two coatings of epoxy and urethane systems can muster. Adjustments in polyaspartic formulations allow for curing times that suit individual projects and can be applied well below freezing. Walk-on time is just four hours, and polyaspartics are safer to use due to only moderate odors. These systems are costlier than epoxy/urethane and 100% solids systems but offer better flexibility compared to the other options. Check out GripCrete 9000 PA.
The Information Above Was Found On www.uscoatings.com
Let's Get Started on the Installation of Your Floor Coating System Today!
Whatever your floor coating needs may be, our qualified team members at Armorcoat would be more than happy to assist you! With over twenty years in the industry, our customers can rest assured knowing that we have the experience and knowledge to help them get the floor coating they want and need. We provide professional installation in a timely manner and have coated and protected millions of square feet throughout the country.
American businesses continue to trust and use the services and products we provide. From large scale Fortune 500 companies to local mom-and-pop groceries to individuals who want to turn their garage into a workshop or showroom. When demanding the best for your floors, demand Armorcoat! If you would like to get started today, please feel free to give us a call today! We look forward to hearing from you and hope to work with you very soon.
America's # 1 Choice in Epoxy Floor Coating Since 1988
Contact Us today for a Free Quote!
Call - (888) 592-7667